Monday, September 14, 2020

An Update

    I thought now would be a good time to write a little update regarding my reading progress and future content of this blog.

    In my first post I explained how I am currently re-reading my entire collection of books. Although other collectors would most likely laugh at the small size of my collection, it had become much too big for my living space. Numerous times I had tasked myself with selecting books to get rid of in order to clear out space however I never was able to successfully do this since I could not remember the contents of the majority of books I owned. I had only read most of my books once and could not recall anything about the plot. Even Nancy Drew books which I had read numerous times were blurry in my mind since it had been so long since reading them. And so roughly two years ago I began my re-reading campaign. At this point I have re-read about half of my collection, a number of books I read before starting this blog.

    I would also like to address several things about my blog, firstly my long book summaries. Yes, I realize that my summaries are quite long and may seem overly detailed. This is because I am selling or donating about half the books I read. I want to be able to re-visit a book and it's whole plot without having to re-purchase one. There has been a number of times where I read a book, did not enjoy it, and got rid of it just to later doubt my own memory of the book. I will wonder "was it really that bad? Am I sure I didn't like it? Maybe I should give it another try". I then re-purchase the book just to re-read it and remember exactly why I didn't like. Writing detailed summaries helps me remember exactly why I did or did not like a book and thus save myself time and money in the future. With that being said a number of my future post which have already been drafted have condensed summaries so there will be some variation.

    I also know that my posts may be hard to read as I am quite uneducated when it comes to writing. I often struggle to make my thoughts concise and honestly have no clue what I am doing when it comes to paragraphs. I hope this can be forgiven as I'm not trying to pass myself off as a brilliant writer or reviewer. 

    I am aware that some of my earlier posts have formatting problems, mainly with the font size. I will be fixing these in the future when I have the time to re-do them. 

    That's all I have to say for now. I plan on doing more updates whenever I make significant progress in my re-reading. Thank you for taking the time to read this and for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment