Friday, November 1, 2019

Nancy Drew: The Clue in the Old Stagecoach


    "Nancy searches for an antique stagecoach that, according to legend, contains something of great value to the people of Francisville." [x]

    This book holds memories for me because it was one of the Nancy Drew books in my elementary school library. I never read it then but I looked at the covers of all the books a lot so this one has been ingrained into my mind.

    I didn't read this one until I was an adult and owned a copy, I recall loving it the first time. However not so much the second time...in fact I'm not even sure I finished it the second time. My GoodReads rating was 4 stars so lets see if that holds true.

- I've always enjoyed the bet Nancy and Bess make against George. If George loses she has to knit the girls each a sweater.

    Ok wow, so I ended up taking no notes. There just wasn't much in this book to comment on. It was a good story, I thought the locations were very cozy from the camp to Ms. Snook's home to the Zucker farm and even Art Warner's office.

    The location of the old stagecoach is quite unique I think, although something about it reminds me of the ending to Clue in the Diary.

    I was a bit surprised by who the culprit was even though it was obvious but the character just seemed like more of an annoying nuisance wrapped up in some other underhanded scheme.

    Overall it was good. I'll leave my 4 star rating in tact however I don't think if want to re-read it for a long time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment